Tuesday 19 October 2010

If I Had X Down Under


One of the annoying things about having no internet the last few days is that I missed being part of a TV event with you all. I've dearly missed the AI days of having Adam regularly on my screen along with the excitement and anticipation that went with it and it seems that the last event that we could all watch together was years ago.



Having watched so many of the Glam Nation videos, it seems strange seeing Adam performing IIHY in the 'wrong' clothes. There's a little voice in my head that's saying he looks overdressed as he's not supposed to be wearing that coat for this number. But then I realise it might be because it's a costume meant for a live audience rather than TV cameras so it looks a bit much under the bright studio lights. We have some white leather gloves as an addition to the outfit and an enormous pompadour. Maybe I'm just a touch disappointed that there's no new outfit to inspect and discuss.

When I first watched this video hours after it aired, I still had to hold my breath as I was nervous. It had been a long time since a TV performance. Audio feeds straight from the mic leave nowhere to hide if your voice is tired or imperfect. My nerves weren't helped by the first 'boots' which sounds a fraction off but I needn't have worried at all. I should've had more confidence as Adam expertly breezes though the performance, voice super-smooth throughout the dancing and with that beautiful velvety-rich grainy texture I love so much. His camera interaction is spot-on and he even has a touch of that endearing lyric fail as there's a lack of 'Life would be a party, it'd be ecstasy'. After all those concert recordings which leave much to be desired in terms of quality, I'd almost forgotten how exceptional his voice is and how he controls it to pitch-perfection. This is a wonderfully pleasant surprise that far Xceeds my Xpectations.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. That was totally cool. It's nice seeing Adam in a different setting. And it's great seeing that -- no matter where he is in the world -- people react to him in that same, going-crazy, totally estatic way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AB - I've just come back from the EPIC Sydney concert - I was front row - and your gift awaits you, as I promised.

    I chose your beautiful wallpaper with all the GlamNation dates on it. It is now signed by the GlamGod himself. He wrote his full signature - not an abbreviated one.

    If you email your address to nicoleg3332@gmail.com, I'll send it to you in the next few days. (I created the account just for this, so once you've sent it to me, perhaps delete this post).

    It looks truly beautiful. Adam was astonishingly loving to me twice in a row. I've had 2 hours sleep in the last 2 days - must go to bed now for work tomorrow. Again, this is my THANK YOU for this labour of love, which is this wonderful blog that has given me so much over the last couple of years. (A very tired but completely happy Nikki)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glittzchick, I loved seeing Adam perform in a different environment too. And it's fab to get such great quality video!

    Nikki, aw, thank you thank you thank you! I'm so grateful that you made me a tiny part of your M&G! I just sent you an email. You have to tell me all about that concert sometime after you've had some sleep!

    ReplyDelete